Virtual delegates can also submit their abstracts regardless if they are physically present or not. The ECS ESC 2020 will provide an ePosters section on their LIVE website available from October 20, 2020.
CALL FOR ABSTRACT
Depending on the number of submitted abstracts and their quality, the abstracts will be selected for either platform or for poster presentation. All accepted abstracts will be distributed in the congress abstract book. Only abstracts that contain original data can be submitted. Review topics will not be accepted.
Abstracts submissions are possible until September 15th, 2020 (18:00 Dubai time +4 GMT). Abstracts can be re-edited and modiﬁed until the submission deadline. Any abstract received after the deadline will not be accepted. Upon completion of evaluation an ‘Accepted’ or ‘Rejected’ email will be sent to each application submitted. The result of the evaluation will be send approximately 14 days after deadline submission.
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndromes/CAD
- Interventional Cardiology
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
- All submitted abstracts must be in English
- The content of the abstract is solely the responsibility of the author. The original abstract is reprinted exactly as provided. During submission, it must clearly indicate the name of the presenting author, who will be considered the contact person for all correspondence connected with the submitted abstract.
- All submitted abstracts need to have the names and surnames of all co-authors, along with their positions in their affiliated institutions.
- The presenting author can be any of the listed authors without affiliations to industry.
- Poster submissions need to be limited to 500 words.
- An abstract must have a short, specific title (no abbreviations) that clearly indicates the nature of the investigation. It is encouraged that the title is set so as to attract the audience and to hint to the conclusion of the investigation.
- A well-written abstract typically has the following identified sections:
- Background/objectives: a brief introduction, which states the problem that you are addressing as well as some background information on the issue. The introduction of the abstract should include a very brief background 1-2 statements followed by the objectives of the investigation.
- Design and methods: the methodologies, number of test subjects and scientific approach used to conduct the research.
- Results: it is expected that authors present data that support their conclusion. Tables and graphs should include explanatory captions.
- Conclusions: further areas of research and overall conclusion of the research
- Citation: a reference list and acknowledgements, if applicable. A maximum of two tables/graphs/images can be included.
A disclosure form identifying commercial relationships or conflict of interest for all co-authors must be completed by the submitting author, if their abstract has been accepted for publication. The submitting author signs and verifies disclosure on behalf of all co-authors. Disclosure information for accepted abstracts will be made available to the congress attendees.
Abstracts should not be submitted if the following applies:
- The abstract contains data that has been published or accepted for publication in a print or online journal.
- The abstract contains data that was presented at a scientiﬁc meeting less than 6 months prior the conference
All authors should refrain from submitting Pharma Abstracts.
ACCEPTANCE & REJECTION
The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to the scientiﬁc or clinical value, relevance to the conference, suitability of methods to aims, conclusions conﬁrmed by objective results, objectivity of statements, description of methods used, ethics, originality of work, standard of English and overall impression.
Upon completion of the evaluation of submitted abstracts, an ‘Accepted’ or ‘Rejected’ email will be sent to authors. Abstract acceptance will be in poster presentation. Upon acceptance of an author’s submission, the following instructions below are applicable:
- The presenting author of the presentation should confirm their attendance upon receiving the acceptance email within one week.
- The availability of any sort of grant for registration, travel and/or accommodation will be mentioned in the acceptance email, without any guarantees at the abstract submission stage.
- Accepted authors will receive one complimentary registration pass that will be assigned and sent up to 10 days prior to the congress
- Authors who confirm presence will receive a free communication code based on their category of submission up to 10 days before the congress.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement listing the reasons for this decision must be sent to the abstract helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 5, 2020
- Virtual authors: are to submit the electronic version of the abstract in PPT format at least 10 days prior to the congress.
- Failure to provide the ePoster on time will not expose the abstract on the LIVE conference website of the ECS ESC 2020.